On Senior Night, in front of a sold-out crowd, it was fitting that senior pitcher Jordan Taylor dominated the competition.

Taylor retired the first nine batters she faced and Michigan State (27-26 overall, 6-13 Big Ten) had one ball hit to the outfield through three innings as she set the tone for an 8-0 Michigan win. On the night, Taylor struck out a season-high 13 batters, and pitched a complete game one-hitter that ended in the sixth inning, due to the run-rule.

The Spartans finally broke Taylor’s bid to make Senior Night a bit more special when Michigan State leadoff hitter, Lori Padilla, bounced a ball just out of reach of Michigan senior first baseman Dorian Shaw.

Taylor certainly held up her end of the bargain, and so did the Michigan offense.

From the get-go, the Wolverines (50-4, 17-2) jumped all over Spartans’ starter Lauren Kramer — the first four Michigan batters reached base, and Amanda Chidester capped it with a two-run line line-drive single to left field.

The Wolverines added three more runs in the third inning, courtesy of three walks, one of which drove in a run, and a two-run single by Caitlin Blanchard off the left-field wall.

Meanwhile, Taylor was rolling and after Padilla’s hit in the fourth, Taylor picked up right where she left off retiring the next six batters, striking out four of them.

Michigan added another run off the bat of Dorian Shaw in the fourth inning, as she knocked in a run on an RBI single. And Shaw capped off her own Senior Night and sent the crowd home happy as rain started to fall with a two-run home run, ending the game in the sixth inning.

The Wolverines will travel to East Lansing on Saturday to take on Michigan State at 1:05 p.m.