STATE COLLEGE — In one of its most schizophrenic efforts of the season, the Michigan basketball team came back from a 15-point halftime deficit against Penn State to wrap up a much-needed first Big Ten road victory, 64-55.

The first half performance was so bad that just three players even registered points on the scoreboard. Senior forward DeShawn Sims led the Wolverines at the break with 10 points, sophomore guard Laval Lucas Perry chipped in four and junior forward Manny Harris added just two, one of his worst halves of the season.

But as poor as the Wolverines’ first half effort was, they certainly put on a show in the second stanza.

After Michigan started the game shooting 0-for-14 from behind the arc, a crucial facet of John Beilein’s offense, sophomore Zack Novak hit the team’s first three with 11:56 remaining in the second half, and the team went on a tear.

Harris and Novak came back a few possessions later to make back-to-back threes.

Michigan took its first lead since early in the first half after sophomore Manny Harris stole the ball at three-quarters court and took it home for a layup and the foul to give Michigan a 49-47 lead. After that, Michigan, led by Harris and Lucas-Perry, took over the game over draining threes and making clutch three-point plays to end the game.

While Penn State made the game close in the final minutes after some sloppy turnovers by Michigan, the Wolverines sealed the comeback.

Check back with michigandaily.com for full coverage of the Wolverines’ shocking comeback later tonight.