On Thursday, the Michigan women’s basketball team outscored unbeaten Kansas by 21 points in the second half en route to a 75-67 come-from-behind victory in Crisler Arena.

“We played a great game,” Michigan coach Kevin Borseth said after the game. “Kansas is very good, and we had to play hard and play well to beat them, and I thought we did. That’s a big win for us.”

Tonight against New Mexico State, the Wolverines (5-4) will look to play a full 40 minutes at the same level that they played the final 20 minutes against the Jayhawks (8-1).

The unranked Aggies (6-3) of the Western Athletic Conference are coming off a 66-59 win over Cal State Northridge on Dec. 5.

New Mexico State is led by 6-foot-1 junior forward Tabytha Wampler, who averages 14 points and 10.4 rebounds per game. Wampler scored a career-high 26 points and grabbed 14 rebounds in the win against Northridge.

Senior guards Jasmine Lowe and Madison Spence lead the Aggies in the backcourt, both averaging just over 13 points per game. Spence has been out of the lineup since she suffered a concussion on Nov. 22, but she is expected to come back tonight.

Wampler is the Aggies’ only true post player, as New Mexico State starts four guards and one forward — a rarity in the basketball world. The Aggies often have trouble controlling the boards, averaging four rebounds fewer than their opponent per game.

This bodes well for the Wolverines, who normally have their own trouble controlling the glass.

With 6-foot-1 sophomore Rachel Sheffer starting at forward and 6-foot-4 sophomores Sam Arnold and Kate Thompson coming off the bench, Michigan will no doubt have the height advantage.

The Wolverines will aim to get the ball into the post early, and if they can do that against the Aggies, they should have an edge in the paint.

Just like Michigan, Arnold is riding a wave of momentum. She played a big role in Thursday’s comeback win over Kansas, scoring 12 points in the second half.

“I thought Arnold did a really good job when she came in,” Borseth said. “She played a great game down in the block.”

Senior guard Veronica Hicks, who led the Wolverines with 14 points on Thursday, will look to power Michigan to another non-conference win as its brutal non-conference schedule begins to wind down.

The Wolverines have already played three ranked teams this season.

“I love our schedule,” Hicks said. “It puts us in every situation so when we get into conference play, there is absolutely nothing in any game that we haven’t seen in some way. It really preps us.”