For the Michigan women’s golf team, this weekend in East Lansing was one to forget.

The young Wolverine squad finished seventh of 13 teams at the Mary Fossum Invitational.

“When you’re hot, you’re hot, and when you’re not, you’re not,” Michigan head coach Kathy Teichert said.

The 2008 Wolverines don’t see a low finish as acceptable.

“We should definitely be doing better with the talent we have,” junior Ashley Bauer said.

Bauer and freshman Milena Savich led the Wolverines, tying for 32nd with a two-day total of 234.

The Wolverines had a little let down after winning the Wolverine Invitational on their home course last weekend. Most of the Wolverines were still riding high as they came into this weekend’s tournament.

The Wolverines will need be able to keep their emotions in check as they head deeper into their season.

“You can’t have a good round or tournament, and think you’re on top of the world,” Teichert said.

Michigan will have two weeks off before heading to Skokie, Ill., for the 2008 Windy City Collegiate.

They’ll have time to work on their iron-play and putting, two aspects that seemed to be missing from everyone’s game this weekend.

One bright spot for the Wolverines was sophomore Louisa Shu, who carded a 74 in the final round to help Michigan jump three spots in the standings Sunday.

Shu’s round was the lowest score of any Wolverine all weekend.

Despite Shu’s efforts, Teichert and the Wolverines won’t be satisfied until they begin to shoot lower scores.

“I am just disappointed,” Teichert said. “Whether we expected to play like this or assumed that we were going to play this way, we just didn’t get the job done.”