The Michigan Hockey team took on the No. 1 team in the country Friday night at Yost Ice Arena. The Wolverine faithful had to leave disappointed after Michigan lost 3-1 against Miami (Ohio).

The game was full of action, hard hits, and plenty of penalties. Michigan had 28 penalty minutes and Miami finished the game with 24 minutes. Even with the physical play, the RedHawks jumped out ahead early thanks to two first period goals from Jarod Palmer. And only one of which came on a power play.

Michigan dominated play the next period and a half as the Wolverines finished the first period strong and carried the momentum into the second period. Freshman Chris Brown got Michigan on the board in the second period when he scored on a rebound that squirted behind the Miami goalkeeper.

Defenseman Chad Langlais also missed a penalty shot in the second period and Michigan missed several more opportunities to score throughout the game. Junior Matt Rust hit the cross bar on a rebound, and a few other Wolverines saw the puck sail just wide of the net.

Miami took only 13 shots on the game, including only two in the second period that was dominated by Michigan. The Wolverines finished the game with 28 shots and no goals.

Michigan seeks revenge on Miami Saturday night at 7:05 at Yost, which is the final regular season match up between the two teams.