The Michigan men’s basketball team’s 73-54 exhibition win on Friday against Wayne State technically didn’t count.

Somebody forgot to tell Manny Harris.

The preseason All-Big Ten first-team selection cruised to 25 points, five rebounds, four assists and three steals, exactly the kind of all-around performance Michigan fans have come to expect.

The nagging hamstring injury that kept him out of some recent practice drills didn’t keep him off the court — he played a team-high 29 minutes.

“It was my first test in a minute, because in the Eastern Michigan (scrimmage) it was still sore,” Harris said. “It got a lot better.”

Though Harris filled out the stat sheet nicely, it was his presence that impressed Michigan coach John Beilein.

“His demeanor the whole game was so positive,” Beilein said. “He showed great leadership skills today.”

Sophomore Zack Novak followed up on last year’s success from beyond the arc, scoring 15 points on just eight shots, all 3-pointers.

The game also gave fans their first look at highly touted freshman guard Darius Morris.

Morris started the game and played 25 minutes, tallying four points, three assists and three rebounds in his first collegiate contest. The lanky guard was a presence on the perimeter defense, hassling the smaller Warrior guards.

“I like playing at the top (of the zone), I’m still learning, learning on the job,” Morris said. “I like getting a chance to get some deflections.”

Though Morris said he wasn’t nervous once the game started, he did have a freshman moment after he scored his first points.

“I was really excited, like, ‘Man, that’s my first college bucket right there,’ ” he said. “But then I remembered, ‘Oh, we’re in three zone.’ At first I was lost, but it was a great experience.”

Redshirt freshman Ben Cronin, who Beilein described as “70 percent to where we want him to be” earlier in the week, played just three minutes, scoring four points and snagging three boards.

The Maize Rage was out in full force Friday, filling the student section from end to end and spilling over into a whole section along the baseline, an indication of the 500-percent increase in student ticket sales from last year.

“It was tremendous,” Beilein said. “It was really neat to see everyone come out like that.”