It was a shaky weekend for the No. 21 Michigan women’s diving team. Not a single diver made it through to the NCAA Championships.

Junior Erin Bridgewater, sophomore Marina Nazario, sophomore Carey Chen and freshman Sarah Kamstra competed for the Wolverines in the NCAA Zone C Championships. It was Kamstra’s first appearance at Zones and everyone else’s second.

On the first day, Bridgewater, Nazario and Kamstra competed on the three-meter board. Of those three, Bridgewater finished the highest, in 40th place with a score of 225.55. Kamstra finished right behind her in 41st place with a score of 222.15, and Nazario wasn’t too far behind that in 45th place (216.60). The top spot went to Purdue’s Michelle Cabassol, who finished with a 660.80.

The Wolverines showed marginal improvement on the second day. Sophomore Carey Chen finished on top for the Wolverines at 26th with a 244.85. Two spots behind her was Bridgewater, who earned a 244.30, and in 46th place was Kamstra with a 214.60. Notre Dame’s Jennifer Chiang took first with a 306.70.

Due to injury, the Zone Championships marked Chen’s first return to competition since the Purdue Invitational on Nov. 16-18.

“It is good for the team to have her back, it brings the team together,” Li said. “It’s good for her to keep getting the experience. It helps her build on her training for next year.”

Li expressed a considerable amount of praise for Chen, complimenting her performance considering she hasn’t competed in months.

The third and final day concluded with Bridgewater and Nazario competing on the platform. Bridgewater finished 17th, scoring a 207.5, while Nazario had Michigan’s best performance of the weekend. She placed ninth in the preliminaries and finished 12th in the finals (448.10).

“I’m happy that Marina made the platform finals,” Li said. “For her, she was down a little lately, and we changed a little strategy, and some of it worked.”

As a team, they failed to improve from last year. They had one diver attend the NCAA Championships, Amanda Lohman, who placed third on the three-meter board in the qualifier. Chen took 19th in the one-meter dive, 34th from three meter and seventh from the platform. Bridgewater placed 15th from the platform, 29th from three meter and 41st in the one meter.

Nazario, the only diver to show noticeable improvement, had finished 20th from the platform, 48th in the three meter and 52nd in the one meter.

With regards to this weekend’s meet, Li said, “You could see in their reactions that they were definitely not happy about it.” But within the realm of the team’s expectations, “we did alright.”

This concludes the diving portion of the season for the women’s swimming and diving team. From here, Li said, “they’re going to take a little break so they can focus on school and then start training again in the summer.”

The swimming team, however, will take a contingent to the NCAA Championships. They will compete Thursday through Saturday in Indianapolis.