The Michigan Daily Top 10 returns for its fourth installment in this young season. Each week, Daily Sports staffers will fill out ballots, with first place votes receiving 10 points, second-place votes receiving nine and so on. The results are published with first-place votes in parentheses.

1.Oregon (2): Despite having three fewer first-place votes than Louisiana State, the Ducks take our top spot because two writers had the Tigers fifth and sixth. Is Oregon really good enough to win a National Championship? Ask Michigan.

2. LSU (5): A shellacking of Louisiana Tech wasn’t impressive enough to notch first-place honors in the Daily poll. Potential Lloyd Carr replacement Les Miles has the Tigers rolling again after a month of close calls and shaky play.

3. Kansas (2): The same two writers who dissed Louisiana State gave Kansas its No. 1 votes. Do the Jayhawks deserve such high accolades? Why not? After beating Oklahoma State on the road, they proved they’re men! They’re 10-0!

4. Oklahoma: The Sooners couldn’t do what Kansas could – win at Colorado. If it wasn’t for that slip-up, Oklahoma would likely be the No. 1 team in the BCS and likely playing for a spot in New Orleans. For now, the Sooners have to play catch-up.

5. Missouri: The Tigers’ win over Illinois is suddenly a quality win after the Illini took down Ohio State in Columbus. Their regular-season finale with Kansas will decide the Big 12 North crown and a spot in the conference title game.

6. West virginia: The Mountaineer defense has been key in West Virginia’s resurgence after its early-season loss to South Florida. But Pat White and the offense proved they could still carry their share of the load in 38-31 win over Louisville.

7. Arizona State: It looks like the Sun Devils are playing for a Rose Bowl berth. If Oregon wins out and goes to the BCS title game, it’ll leave a spot open for Arizona State in the Grand Daddy of Them All.

8. Georgia: Black jerseys? Rushing the field after touchdowns? Mark Richt is on a mission to motivate the Bulldogs, and it’s working. After a lackluster start, Georgia is in contention for an SEC Title.

9. Ohio State: Honestly, what were the Buckeyes doing Saturday? Coming into the nation’s greatest rivalry, you need a statement victory. Laying an egg against an inferior opponent the week before The Game? Unacceptable.

10. Virginia Tech: Take away the greatest two minutes of Matt Ryan’s career, and the Hokies are undefeated in ACC play. Even with that mishap, Virginia Tech still can clinch an ACC Coastal Division crown.