1.Ohio State (5): Honestly, how exciting would it be if Michigan hosts the undefeated, top-ranked Buckeyes? Ohio State crushed Penn State in a game that many experts picked the Nittany Lions to win. Maybe the Buckeyes really are good.
2. Boston College (4): Virginia Tech owned quarterback Matt Ryan and the Eagle offense for 58 minutes in front of a rowdy crowd in Lane Stadium. Well, football games last 60 minutes. Boston College escaped the upset bug for yet another week.
3. Oregon: Michigan fans need no reminder of the Ducks’ raw talent. If Oregon can be the first to topple unbeaten Arizona State next weekend, it’ll have the inside track on a Pac Ten title. But it may have bigger ambitions: a national championship.
4. Louisiana State: The Tigers had the week off, and they definitely needed it. In the three weeks prior, Louisiana State played instant classics against Florida, Kentucky and Auburn. It won’t get easier with Nick Saban’s boys up next.
5. Kansas (2): Why is the media not all over this story? Did they use up all their good lines about underdogs on South Florida? The unbeaten Jayhawks have racked up quality road wins at Texas A&M, Colorado and Kansas State.
6. Oklahoma: The Sooners have overcome their debacle against Colorado with two wins against ranked opponents since then. Oklahoma is a near-lock to win the Big 12 South after defeated Texas earlier this year in the annual Red River Shootout.
6. Arizona State: It’s safe to say no one picked the Sun Devils to win the Pac 10 title this year, especially after Southern Cal garnered such high preseason attention. Arizona State, though, is undefeated with a huge game with Oregon this weekend.
8. West Virginia: The Mountaineers’ loss to South Florida seemingly booted them from Big East contention. Well, three weeks later, West Virginia is back on the top of the league with just one more game against a ranked opponent.
9. Missouri: The Tigers are the only team left with a shot to knock off Kansas. The two teams are atop the Big 12 North, and they play Nov. 24 game at Kansas, which will most likely decide the North division champion. Can either team beat Oklahoma?
10. Georgia: Handing Urban Meyer and the Florida Gators their third loss of the season was enough for the Bulldogs to squeak into the Daily top 10. With so much parity in the SEC, how long can Georgia keep winning?
Also Receiving Votes: Virginia Tech, Michigan, Connecticut, Hawaii, South Florida, Texas