The winners of MHacks are coming to an app store near you.

The overall winners of Mhacks — a 36-hour programming competition hosted in Detroit this month —are preparing to launch “WorkFlow,” an app allowing task automation on the iPad. While iPad users are traditionally confined to working on only one app at a time, WorkFlow aims to make working on multiple apps feasible.

The developers have created about 40 actions in the application, including opening a URL, editing a photo, sharing a message or sending a text message. Users have the ability to select actions from a list in the interface and drag them into the workflow. Once the play button is pressed, the app will automatically complete the various actions in order of how they were selected.

Veeral Patel, a high school junior from Bergenfield, New Jersey, was a member of the four-man development team that worked on the app. Since the competition, he has been expanding it through the development of a wireless printing option.

The team intends for the app to eventually unify other apps and provide more cross-system integration.

“We started out at the Hackathon building all of these actions ourselves, but the next step before we launch is to create a way for other apps to make their own specifications,” Patel said.

Nick Frey, a high school student from Iowa who also worked on the development team, said the group-was inspired by the ability of computers to manage multiple programs and wanted to bring that functionality to tablets. Ari Weinstein, a freshman at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology who worked on the team, said the largest challenge was creating a data model to make each action work.

While developing the app was not an easy task, the whole team was grateful for the support of the other developers at MHacks. Weinstein said once people understand how the app could benefit them, they expressed greater interest in its development.

The team received the top prize at MHacks — $5000 in prize money split between the four members. The app also won “The Best iOS Award,” sponsored by Apple, for which each developer received an iPad Mini.

The developers are currently working on making the system more logical, so that different actions can happen depending on the causal result of the previous action.

However, WorkFlow is also not the only project that they are working on. Weinstein and Conrad Kramer, a high school student from South Jersey, are the developers behind “DeskConnect,” an app that moves web pages, documents and pictures, among devices in one tap.

Users can expect to see WorkFlow available in the Apple App Store in late February.