The men”s cross country team ended its season with an 11th place finish yesterday at the NCAA Championships in Greenville, S.C.

Led by All-Americans Alan Webb and Mike Wisniewski, the team tallied 364 points, good for Michigan”s 11th top-15 performance in the last 12 years of championship meet competition.

“We”ve been ranked around 11 to 15 all season,” coach Ron Warhurst said. “All in all, we did a pretty good job.”

Colorado won the men”s team title with a score of 90, beating second place Stanford by just one point. Rounding out the top five were Arkansas, Northern Arizona and Wisconsin.

The individual title went to Eastern Michigan”s Boaz Cheboiywo, who covered the 10kilometer course in a record time of 28:47.

Cheboiywo, the favorite going into the race, took an early lead and quickly broke away from his closest pursuers.

“Boaz was incredibly fast today,” Webb said, “He really set the pace.”

Webb, who led the Wolverines with an 11th place finish overall, earned his first collegiate All-America honor.

“Alan did well, considering it was his first NCAA Championship,” Warhurst said.

Webb covered the second 10K cross country race of his career in a time of 29:38.

Mike Wisniewski finished only 12 seconds behind Webb, earning his second All-American honor placing 18th overall.

“Mike ran absolutely great.” Warhurst said. “He closed out his collegiate career in fine fashion.”

Mark Pilja, in his fourth NCAA Championship, finished third for the Wolverines. The senior ran a time of 30:48, good for 83rd place overall.

Rounding out the scoring for Michigan were Nathan Brannen and Tom Greenless, who placed 148th and 181st, respectively, in their first NCAA championship appearance.

Warhurst was happy with the team”s performance, but he sees room for improvement.

“We ran well up front, but let down a little in the middle.” Warhurst said.

Warhurst will be looking for improvement from his young team in the upcoming track season.

“We made great strides this year.” Warhurst said. “Now it”s time to get ready for track.”