The janitors at Crisler Arena were worried last night, and for good reason.

On Tuesday, Michigan head coach Sue Guevara said she would break something if Marquette had 17 offensive rebounds the team”s season average. Marquette came within two of the mark, leaving the lockerroom intact but with an unhappy Guevara.

“They only had 15 (offensive) rebounds as opposed to 17, so it is still a matter of we need to put a body on someone,” Guevara said.

The Golden Eagles crashed the boards hardest in the first half, recording eight offensive boards to keep them within one point of Michigan at the break.

“It”s a philosophy of the program,” coach Terri Mitchell said. “We don”t run box-out drills. We just say, “Go get the ball.” ”

But Michigan started the second half with a 20-4 run, outhustling the smaller Marquette team.

“We showed (good offensive rebounding) for 30 minutes, but for the first 10 minutes of the second half, I apologize,” Mitchell said.

Guevara looked to the post players to carry the team in the second half, and they responded. LeeAnn Bies, Raina Goodlow and Jennifer Smith recorded 11 rebounds and 22 of the team”s 40 second half points.

“Those are the three we challenged at halftime,” Guevara said. “We said this game is going to be won in the post, offensively and defensively.”

Ugly tie: Alayne Ingram has dreamed of breaking the Michigan career 3-point record since she arrived in Ann Arbor, not tying it. With a 3-pointer 50 seconds into the second half, Ingram tied Molly Murray”s (1995-1998) career record of 134 triples. But Ingram was unable to hit another basket from behind the arc, disappointing the senior guard.

“To be tied for the 3-point record it”s not fun,” Ingram said. “I would have loved to break it at home so the fans could stand up and cheer, but it will be a little sweeter getting it against Notre Dame because they did beat us last year in the tournament.”

Considering her five 3-pointers against Syracuse last Sunday, Ingram”s coach is convinced that Ingram will break Murray”s mark in the next game.

“She has been shooting the ball very well, so she will break that record on Sunday,” Guevara said. “So I hope everyone that was here tonight goes on Sunday so they can see her do that.”

Murray, who currently works as Michigan”s director of operations, knows she won”t share the record for long and thinks that Ingram could set the new record at 170 or 175 by the end of the season.

Ingram didn”t shoot well last night, going 1-4 from behind the arc and 3-11 from the field, but she ignited the team with a 3-pointer and a steal to start the second half. Ingram recorded six assists and consistently penetrated the Marquette defense in the second half.