The Michigan Daily football writers break down the weekend’s stats that don’t show up in the boxscore. The defense-o-meter measures the intensity of the defense, the Carr-o-meter judges Lloyd Carr’s demeanor following the game and the hypemeter measures the fans’ game javascript:replaceBreaksWithP();performance.

Defense-O-Meter: 2/4 Crables

It didn’t look bad, especially when you consider the defense was missing two starting linebackers and a defensive tackle. But then you remember that it was Eastern Michigan on the field. Even with backups in the game, 22 points allowed is less than encouraging.

Carr-O-Meter: 3/4 Lloyd Carrs

For someone whose team just beat Eastern by 11, Carr didn’t seem too upset. He blamed much of his team’s struggles on injuries, discounted the blocked extra point and said the 86-yard kickoff return was the only thing that really bothered him. Well, that and the questions about Mario Manningham.

Hypemeter: 1/4 Big houses

Yeah, we know it was hot. And we know it was Eastern. But to have that few fans show up to watch running back Mike Hart break the all-time rushing record? Just knowing that you only get to watch one of the greatest running backs in Michigan history in person a few more times should have been enough to motivate a larger gathering to show up for the game.