Despite a second-place finish in the women”s crew national tournament, Michigan has fallen to third in the Sears Directors” Cup standings.

Michigan was in second place going into the spring championship season, trailing only six-time champion Stanford. But a first-place finish in women”s water polo and second-place in men”s volleyball has catapulted UCLA above Michigan and into second place with 899 points. Stanford remains in first with 1094.5, while Michigan is in third with 814.5.

These results are the first set of spring standings and include women”s golf, lacrosse, crew, tennis, water polo and men”s volleyball.

Thus far, Michigan has earned points in women”s crew and women”s tennis which earned an NCAA Championship berth. The women”s water polo team failed to earn any points for not winning its regional championship in the NCAA Tournament.

A team must qualify for its NCAA Tournament in order to earn points. The further a team goes in its championship, the more points it earns, with 100 being awarded for winning an NCAA title.

The final standings, to be released June 16, will add points for men”s golf lacrosse, tennis, men”s and women”s track and field, baseball and softball.

Of the remaining sports, Michigan is eligible to earn points for softball and track and field.