It was getting to the point only a nobleman would be able to reverse the Michigan soccer team’s overtime woes. The Wolverines were 0-3-1 previously this season, losing several games in the last minute or in heartbreaking fashion.

Again, Michigan found itself in that familiar position. This time against a lowly Oakland team that had won just two games all season.

But redshirt sophomore Noble Sullivan was there to save the day from complete disaster, scoring in the 104th minute of the game, in double overtime, to turn the Wolverines’ extra-time fortunes and give Michigan (4-9-1 overall) a much-needed shot in the arm.

Dominating from the start, the Wolverines outshot Oakland 24-6 on the game and the Golden Grizzlies only had one shot on goal all game. It just happened to beat redshirt freshman goaltender Adam Grinwis.

Michigan jumped on the board first in the 31st minute when junior Kofi Opare headed in an Adam Shaw corner kick, cashing in on one of the 13 corner kicks the Wolverines earned on the night.

Then after Oakland took advantage of its one good scoring chance — a low cross over the middle of the field — and none of Michigan’s scoring chances would mean anything if it lost in overtime.

Sullivan finished the job, scoring off a deflected shot inside the 18-yard box and the Wolverines’ aggressive attitude finally paid off.

The overtime monkey may be off Michigan’s back.

For at least one night.