The Michigan men’s track and field team scored 52.5 points at the Big Ten Championships in Iowa City to place ninth overall.

In dreary May conditions, the Wolverines found some success both in the field and on the track.

Redshirt freshman Ethan Dennis placed 7th in the hammer throw with an attempt of 196-0 ft. In the pole vault, sophomores Austin DeWildt and Jack Greenlee finished third and seventh, respectively. Both vaulted 16-2 and three-quarters feet.

Sophomore Kurt Reichenbach earned a fifth-place finish in the decathlon with 6,936 points.

Redshirt freshman Bradley James cleared 6-11 and three-quarters feet to finish second in the high jump and in the triple jump senior Robbert Peddlar jumped 49-1 and one half feet to finish seventh.

Michigan hurdlers performed well in both events. In the 400-meter hurdles, freshman star Ali Arastu placed fourth with a career-best time of 51.60. Redshirt freshman Troy Sneller ran 52.94 to take sixth.

In the 110-meter hurdles, redshirt senior Nick McCampbell and freshman Herman Washington set personal bests — McCampbell ran 14.06 to finish fourth and Washington ended up seventh with a time of 14.20.

Junior Craig Forys scored points in two separate events. He placed sixth in the 3,000-meter steeplechase and eighth in the 5,000-meter run.

In the sprints, junior Nick Neuman took eighth in the 400-meter dash.

The youthful Wolverines set numerous personal bests over the weekend but were never contenders for the Big Ten title.

Iowa narrowly defeated Minnesota by 2.5 points to win the Big Ten Championship. The Gophers held a .5 point lead going into the final event — the 4×400-meter relay — where the Hawkeyes finished second behind Ohio State to edge past Minnesota in the final standings.

Michigan finished third in the 4×400-meter relay, running a season-best 3:07.82, and 5th in the 4×100-meter relay.

Select Wolverines head to Bloomington for the NCAA East Region Preliminary Rounds on May 26.