The No. 10 Michigan Women’s Swimming and Diving team took advantage of some weaker opponents this weekend.

The Wolverines won 16 of 18 races to earn a total of 1,192 points, easily besting second-place Eastern Michigan (879) at the Eastern Michigan Invitational this weekend.

Michigan won 11 of 13 events on Saturday. Kaitlyn Brady led the way for the Wolverines. The senior finished first in the 100-yard butterfly and the 50-yard freestyle. She also swam on winning teams in the 200-yard and 400-yard medley relays.

Sophomore Emily Brunemann was another key contributor for the Wolverines. She won the 400-yard individual medley and the 500-yard freestyle and swam the third leg of the winning 800-yard freestyle team.

But Michigan was not able to extend its winning ways to the two diving events. Sophomore Colleen Emaus finished fifth in the three-meter dive and came in sixth in the one-meter dive on Friday. Both finishes were team highs.

The Wolverines won five of six races and swept the top three spots in the 1,650-yard freestyle and the 200-yard backstroke, won by Brunemann and sophomore Hannah Smith, respectively.

One Wolverine was busier than her teammates this weekend. Junior Valeria Silva competed at the U.S. Open in West Lafayette. She missed making the finals of the 100-meter breaststroke by two tenths of a second. Silva was the only Michigan swimmer to go to West Lafayette, but she rejoined the team for the weekend to compete in the invitational.

The Wolverines get to enjoy the rest of the holiday season over the next six weeks before they host the Michigan Invitational at Canham Natatorium on Jan. 12 and 13.