Since waking up from a three-day coma after being the victim of an aggravated assault, an LSA junior and local police are asking the University community to come forward with any information regarding his attackers.

The victim, who wished to remain anonymous for fear of further harassment, was found in a snow bank during the early morning hours of Dec. 14 on the 700 block of Packard Street and was transported to the University Hospital for treatment, said Michael Anderson of the Ann Arbor Police Department.

Police have no suspects or leads in the case, and they are hoping someone who saw the incident or recognizes the artist’s rendering will come forward with more information.

The incident began at Big Ten Burrito, a local restaurant, when four men entered the building and began to harass the victim and a friend while they waited in line for food. Someone’s hat was knocked off and participants in the scuffle were subsequently thrown out, said Ben Streeter, a night manager at the restaurant.

The victim was not involved in the altercation, Anderson said.

Instead, he waited to receive his food while his friend and an assailant went outside to fight.

“I didn’t want any part of it,” the victim said.

On his way home shortly afterword, the victim witnessed the two men fighting and broke up the fight.

“The last thing I remember is looking at the face of the suspect,” he said. “I must have been knocked out instantly.”

Police believe the victim was struck from behind by one of the four individuals after breaking up the fight after the victim’s friend had left the scene.

“He meant well and was trying to be the peacemaker,” Anderson said. “It sounds like someone sucker-punched him.”

Because of the coma, the junior missed two exams and has been unable to attend his classes this semester.

“I have to take it step-by-step,” he said. “Recovery will be a long process.”

He suffered a cerebral hemorrhage, skull fracture and sinus fracture and required stitches in his chin and lip. He also lost hearing in one ear.

“The doctors don’t expect me to get it back,” he said.

The junior has attempted to return to class, but couldn’t because of a lack of balance and other factors such as dizzy spells.

The victim’s mother said he is lucky to be alive.

“It was animalistic to attack my son like this,” she said. “He didn’t even see them coming. If you were at that restaurant that night, I hope you realize they tried to kill someone. I hope you don’t want these people going to school with you, because I don’t want them going to school with my son.”

Anyone with information regarding the incident can call Anderson at 996-3249 or the AAPD’s anonymous police tip line at 996-3199.

“I wouldn’t change anything I did in the situation,” the victim said.