The Michigan women’s diving team sent three divers to compete in the NCAA Zone C Diving Championships that took place in Columbus Thursday through Saturday. Michigan was up against stiff competition from schools across the Midwest, including No. 14 Indiana and No. 19 Ohio State.

“We had one goal this weekend — to have one of our own qualify for NCAA Championships,” Michigan diving coach KZ Li said.

Senior Amanda Lohman achieved just that, earning one of six available at-large spots for the championships. It was Lohman’s second season qualifying for NCAAs and she will be the only Michigan diver to compete at NCAA Championships. She will, however, be accompanied by six Wolverine swimmers.

“The competition in Big Ten is much stronger than last year,” Li said. “It’s much harder to qualify this year.”

Lohman finished fifth in the finals for the three-meter dive with a point total of 227.05 and finished ninth in the one-meter championship and 14th in the platform dive.

Senior Rachael Ropeik did not trail far behind, finishing 14th on the first day, ninth on Friday and 16th on Saturday for platform diving. Teammate Erin Bridgewater fininished 26th, 41st and 17th over the course of the meet.

“Overall, I am very pleased with how we competed,” Li said. “Going into NCAA Championships, my goal for Lohman is to do her best. That is number one. If she can do her best, she can be better.”