First Quarter: Bennie Oosterban was declared a Michigan football legend. A stealth bomber flew over Michigan Stadium. And there is football in Ann Arbor once again.

Air Force received the kickoff in the back of the end zone and took a knee to start the contest. Senior quarterback Connor Dietz led a methodical drive down the field, but Falcon placekicker Parker Herrington was wide left on the 36-yarder.

Michigan senior quarterback Denard Robinson wasted little time scoring on his first drive in the Big House this season. The first play from scrimmage was a QB-keeper for a one-yard gain, and then he kept it again on the second play, busting free for a 79-yard touchdown run.

On Air Force’s next drive, Dietz marched his Falcons down the field again and Herrington redeemed himself with a 22-yard chip shot, making the score 7-3.

Michigan got the ball back with a few minutes left in the quarter, and Robinson led the team down to the Air Force 25-yard-line as time expired.

Second Quarter:After trading punts early in the quarter, Michigan took over at its own 12-yard line with 11:43 left on the clock. Robinson engineered an eight-play, 88-yard drive that was capped by a 30-yard touchdown strike to freshman tight end Devin Funchess.

The pitch and catch gave Funchess his first-career touchdown catch, and gave Michigan a 14-3 lead.

A Falcon three-and-out gave the Wolverines the ball at the Michigan 38. On third down, Robinson tried to find senior running back Vincent Smith on a crossing pattern, but the ball tipped off Smith’s hands and into the arms of Air Force linebacker Josh Kusan for an interception.

Air Force punched in its first touchdown of the game on an option left to running back Cody Getz, pulling the Falcons within four points with 1:20 left before halftime.

Michigan couldn’t muster a last-minute drive, but went into halftime with a 14-10 lead.

A week ago against Alabama, Robinson went into the locker room with two carries for three yards on the stat sheet. Against, Air Force, he had 10 carries for 110 yards and a touchdown.

Third Quarter: The second half began in almost the exact same fashion as the first half did for Michigan.

After an impressive kickoff return by freshman Dennis Norfleet, Robinson took the ball on his first snap and went 58 yards for a touchdown, putting the Wolverines up 21-10. He didn’t need his right shoe to do it, either — it fell off early in the play, leaving Robinson to speed up the right sideline with his right foot covered only in a sock.

Michigan quickly added another touchdown when Robinson lofted pass perfectly to junior wide receiver Devin Gardner in the corner of the end zone off a naked bootleg.

But Air Force refused to back down. The Falcons notched a score of their own and continued to run the ball right down the throat of the Wolverine defense. The fourth quarter began with the road team in Michigan territory yet again.

Fourth Quarter: Air Force bulldozed its way down into Michigan territory early in the quarter and capped the drive with an eight-yard touchdown run by Getz. A successful two-point conversion made it a 28-25 score with 12:01 left in the game.

Michigan’s ensuing drive saw Robinson eclipse the 200-yard passing and 200-yard rushing mark. He led the Wolverines down to the 19-yard line, where they settled for a 31-yard field goal from redshirt junior Brendan Gibbons.

[View the story “Michigan looks for its first win of the season against Air Force” on Storify]