The Daily Arts guide to the best upcoming events – it’s everywhere you should be this weekend and why.

ON SCREEN

“The Devil Came on Horseback” is a filmic journey into the tragedy in Darfur, Sudan, where black Africans are being systemically killed. Follow the events through exclusive photographs and the personal testimony of U.S. Marine Captain Brian Steidle. It will play for three days starting this Sunday, $6.75 with student ID.

AT THE PODIUM

American fiction writer and essayist Charles D’Ambrosio, well-known for his short-story collection “The Point,” will be reading tonight at 5 p.m. at the Rackham Ampitheatre as part of the Zell Visiting Writers Series. The event is free.

ON STAGE

Tony Award-winning musical “Big River,” based on Mark Twain’s “Huckleberry Finn,” has seen nearly 20 years of success on Broadway and will be performed by the Dept. of Musical Theatre this weekend at the Mendelssohn Theatre. Thursday through Sunday, tickets are $9 with student ID.

IN CONCERT

Detroit native and Grammy-award winning Dianne Reeves is coming to Hill Auditorium Saturday at 8 p.m. The world-renowned jazz singer – especially known for her “world music” sound – will perform with musicians Billy Childs, Reuben Rogers, Gregory Hutchinson and Romero Lubambo. Tickets are $10-48.