The annual Bank of Ann Arbor’s 2015 Sonic Lunch concert was in full swing June 11, as the weekly concert series showcased singer Joshua Davis.

For eight years, Sonic Lunch has treated the Ann Arbor community to a series of free live concerts. The concerts take place every Thursday in June, July and August, and feature artists of various genres from across the country.

Many returning families and newcomers came to experience the second concert. Thursday’s audience included residents, students and out-of-towners enjoying music and food from local vendors.

D.C. Goings and Lorelle Otis, two Ann Arbor residents who attended the concert, said they have been coming to Sonic Lunch since its inception in 2008.

“I have never heard of (Joshua Davis), so I looked him up on YouTube,” Goings said.

Joshua Davis has produced nine full albums, as he has been a full-time musician for 15 years. He has recently begun touring again after appearing on “The Voice” and making it to the final round.

Davis played many songs from his most recent album, A Miracle of Birds. In between song sets, Davis talked about how he was happy to be performing in Michigan. Davis was born in Traverse City and attended Michigan State University as an undergraduate.

Some of the attendees commented on Davis’ folk-style music and the way he lives out his melodies in his persona on stage. In an interview, rising LSA senior Rebecca Rosen, who sings in the local band The Tusks — spoke about the cavalier approach of Davis’ character and style. She described the music as “crooner folk” to which she could move along with while still finding it kind of light.

“His music has a relatable aesthetic and he carries a soothing voice,” Rosen said.

Davis to performed despite intermittent rain. However, light showers didn’t deter the audience; all the tracks he set to play were completed in full before the concert concluded.