The accolades keep rolling in for junior guard Jenny Ryan.

Just a year after being named to the Academic All-Big Ten, and Michigan’s Athletic Academic Achievement Award and Academic Excellence Award rosters, Ryan was named to the Capital One Academic All-District first team last week.

Ryan was named to District Five’s first team which includes two other Big Ten players — Purdue’s Brittany Rayburn and Northwestern’s Kendall Hackney. There are eight districts from the United States and Canada. Later this month, the College Sports Information Directors of America, which chooses the finalists, will release its Capital One All-American first, second and third teams.

According to CoSIDA’s website, in order to be eligible for Academic All-America, “a student-athlete must be a starter or important reserve with at least a 3.30 cumulative grade-point average (on a 4.0 scale) at his/her current institution. Nominated athletes must have participated in at least 50 percent of the team’s games … have completed one full calendar year at his/her current institution, and have reached sophomore athletic eligibility.”

Ryan is a junior communications major with a 3.81 cumulative GPA, according to the Academic All-District list. She’s started all 23 games this season while leading the Wolverines in three-point field goal percentage (.377), rebounds per game (6.0) and assists (4.3). The Saginaw native also leads the Big Ten in steals (74) and ranks fifth in assists.