Tomorrow, Michigan tennis player Jason Jung will be the only Big Ten player in the field of 32 at the ITA National Intercollegiate Indoor Championships in New Haven, Conn.

Jung has been on fire this fall after learning to play consistently. Nothing has fazed him in his junior campaign.

Coming into this year with a pedestrian .500 record in singles, Jung has vastly surpassed those numbers in the fall season.

“The previous two years, I have played well but not consistent,” Jung said. “Practice has been better by making sure I focus on the right things and play the same way.”

Jung is currently 8-3 in singles and 8-5 in doubles, and those wins have come in impressive fashion. On Oct. 16, he dominated against Ohio State 6-1, 6-2. Then, partnering with George Navas, he beat the 26th-seeded Buckeyes doubles team 9-7.

“I always have high expectations for myself,” Jung said. “I didn’t expect it, but liked to think I could do well.”

Jung scares his opponents by moving into the court when he can and taking his chances well. He knows his strategies and executes them on a point-by-point basis. The wins have started to pile up thanks to a strong all-around game and exceptional speed.

“Jason puts in the hard work,” assistant coach Sean Maymi said. “Sometimes it takes time to see results. Tennis is a funny game. If a couple things turn your way, it gives you confidence, and with more focus, things have went his way.”

With Jung’s deep run into the singles semifinal and the doubles final of the ITA Midwest Regional, he earned the right to become one of 32 players selected to the ITA National Indoors where he will play the best in collegiate tennis.

“The goal of every tournament is to win,” Jung said. “I know all these guys playing, and I’ve got a pretty good chance to do well. “

As the only Big Ten player to qualify, Jung will need to keep his confidence high as he heads into his first match tomorrow.

When asked what will be his key to success, Jung answered, “By playing the same way I’ve been playing.”