The Michigan women”s golf team had little time to savor its victory after winning the Lady Aztec Invitational last week. Tomorrow through Sunday, the Wolverines will compete in the Midwest Classic in Dallas, Texas, which will include six teams ranked in the top 25.

“It”s going to be a very competitive field,” Michigan coach Kathy Teichert said. “All the teams are in our region.”

Teichert also wants to build on the team”s performance from last week. “Every round, we are trying to get better,” she said.

This might be tough considering Michigan”s first-place finish.

The field at the tournament is tough but so are the Wolverines, currently ranked 29th in the nation. Teichert emphasized that Michigan is not content with its current status.

“We are looking for good performances in each tournament, and wherever we are ranked, we are ranked,” Teichert said.

The Wolverines will be counting on strong performances from junior Courtney Reno and sophomore Kim Benedict. Last week, Reno shot a team-low 74 in the single round of the Lady Aztec Invitational and ended up tied for second. Meanwhile, Benedict shot a 76, which was good for fourth-place.

The Wolverines are also taking Misia Lemanski, LeAnna Wicks and Bess Bowers to the Midwest Classic. The top four scores among these players in each of the three rounds will be used to compile the team”s scores in the tournament. Meanwhile, Michigan golfers Sarah Kruer and Trish Watkins are also travelling to Dallas to play in the tournament individually.