Models sporting clothing from around the world hit the runway Saturday night for EnspiRED’s charity fashion show.

EnspiRED, a student organization that aims to promote artistic expression at the University, brought fashions from seven cities to the Biomedical Science Research Building for their ninth annual showcase.

Featuring clothing designed by students and donated from local and Detroit-based boutiques, the show displayed styles from the cities Moscow, Tokyo, Rio de Janeiro, London, Mumbai and Detroit, as well as Accra, Ghana.

EnspiRED President Cyrus Tetteh, an LSA senior, said the event’s schedule was designed to simulate a train on a track, referenced by this year’s theme, “The Red Express.” The train symbol is meant to represent traveling to the seven different cities throughout the fashion show, he said.

Tetteh said EnspiRED is an advocate of the arts on campus and in the community. This year, the organization plans to donate 20 percent of the event’s profits to Arts & Scraps, a nonprofit organization that repurposes recycled material to create arts and crafts projects for elementary school students in Detroit.

University alum Chukwudi Nwamba, who graduated in December, volunteered to model in the annual show for his second time.

“As a model, you get to showcase the designer’s art,” Nwamba said. “It’s a fun experience because you get to get out of your comfort zone. It allows you to not only express the designers’ art, but also express your own art — the way you express the fashion.”

The show opened with styles from Moscow. As fake snow fell on the audience, models walked down the runway wearing cold-weather designs such as fur coats and hats. The “train” then moved to Tokyo, where models displayed a “modern” style, sporting pantsuits and messenger bags, intended to capture the essence of a rapidly growing Tokyo fashion industry.

The audience cheered loudly when the Detroit scene began. Models wore clothing inspired by the city and its sports teams.

The final scene, displaying fashion from Rio de Janeiro, opened with a model walking down the runway carrying a live snake.

In an e-mail interview, LSA senior Christopher James, a member of the EnspiRED e-board, said a high-fashion show allows for all types of flourishes.

“Once the lights come on and the music plays, you will forget that you’re at a student-run show,” James wrote.