Indiana not only has Michigan’s number this season, it has had it for the past four seasons. The Hoosiers have now won eight straight against the Wolverines and 11 of the past 12. Michigan coach Tommy Amaker hasn’t beat Indiana in his seven attempts since taking the helm in 2001.

“Coach Amaker hasn’t got a win out there versus Indiana, and I was hoping to go out there and get a win for him today,” forward Graham Brown said. “I go out there every day and try to win one for the coaching staff.”

The Hoosiers have been a thorn Michigan’s side for some time, and the losses to Indiana have been especially painful. Last year, a home defeat at the hands of Indiana was one of the key losses that kept Michigan out of the NCAA Tournament.

Earlier this year, Michigan lost its first Big Ten game of the year back on Jan. 19 in Bloomington — a loss that started the current 10-game losing streak. Like yesterday’s game, Michigan was leading at halftime of that game and late turnovers crushed a chance of securing a win. Michigan hasn’t won in Assembly Hall since 1995.

“You just have to hand it to Indiana, and we’re just going to have look towards getting them in the Big Ten Tournament,” Brown said.

Inside presence: While Indiana lit up Michigan with its 3-point shooting, the Wolverines were able to have success against the Indiana frontcourt. Sophomore Courtney Sims went 6-for-8 from the floor and finished with 12 points, and junior Graham Brown scored nine points.

“We were trying to get inside, and I think we did a decent job at that,” Sims said. “We didn’t do it as well as we could, but they also did a good job of getting inside too during the second half.”

As Indiana began to cool off from 3-point range in the second half, the Hoosiers began to try and pound the ball inside. Indiana’s Robert Vaden led all scorers with 18 points and Hoosiers forward D.J. White scored all 10 of his points in the second half. The Hoosiers only managed to shoot 30 percent from inside the arc, while the Wolverines hit for 57 percent from 2-point range.

Wright returns: Indiana’s Bracey Wright, who is second in the Big Ten in scoring average, returned to the Hoosiers’ lineup for the first time in three games. He was listed as questionable for yesterday’s game with an ankle injury, and he struggled in his return, going just 1-for-8 from the floor and finishing with seven points.

“He is a great player, and I just tried to do a good job on keeping him to a low amount of points,” said junior Sherrod Harrell, who had to guard Wright. “I tried to not give him easy shots and tried to take him out of the game and not be a big factor.”

Notes: Freshman Ron Coleman scored 12 points yesterday, his first game scoring in double digits since Jan. 15 against Penn State. His 36 minutes were the most in six games … Michigan failed to grab double-digit rebounds for the ninth consecutive game. The Wolverines grabbed 13 the last time they played Indiana on Jan. 19 … Yesterday’s game was Michigan’s third consecutive sellout, but the actual attendance was well below the 13,751-person capacity.