This is a developing story. Continuing checking michigandaily.com for updates.

A hearing to review MSA President Chris Armstrong’s request for a personal protective order against Andrew Shirvell, a Michigan assistant attorney general and the author of the Chris Armstrong Watch blog, has been delayed.

Armstrong filed a personal protection order against Shirvell on September 13, 2010. A hearing on the request was originally scheduled for 1:30 p.m. today. However, the hearing was delayed to October 25, 2010 at 1:30 p.m.

No formal reason for the delay was announced, but an official at the Washtenaw County Trial Court cited a “service issue” as the cause for the delay.

However, the hearing could be delayed further if Armstrong or Shirvell fail to appear in court on Oct. 25. All parties must be present at the hearing in order for the judge to make a decision about the personal protection order, an official at the Washtenaw County Trial Court told The Michigan Daily last week.

Shirvell has also been banned from the University’s Ann Arbor campus. Department of Public Safety spokeswoman Diane Brown told the Daily last week that DPS issued a trespass warning, which banned Shirvell from campus, on Sept. 14.

In his blog, Shirvell accuses Armstrong of promoting a “radical homosexual agenda” on campus. In addition, Shirvell has appeared at campus events calling Armstrong a “racist” and “elitist” and demanding Armstrong’s resignation.

— Daily News Reporter Robin Veeck contributed to this report.