Sophomore forward Manny Harris and junior forward DeShawn Sims announced today that they will return to play for the Michigan men’s basketball team next season.

Harris and Sims accounted for 48.3 percent of the Wolverines’ offensive production last season, and were key to Michigan’s run to the NCAA Tournament. With the duo foregoing the NBA, Michigan returns four of five starters, losing just fifth-year senior C.J Lee. The Wolverines will be a heavy favorite to return to the tournament and will likely be ranked in the preseason polls.

“Since the completion of our season we have gathered enough information for everyone to feel good about this decision,” said Michigan head coach John Beilein through the Athletic Department. “I am anxious to see their continued growth and I am excited to coach these two, as well as the rest of the team next season.”

Harris was a first-team All-Big Ten selection and led Michigan with 16.9 points, 6.8 rebounds and 4.4 assists per game. The sophomore helped the Wolverines bounce back from a 10-22 season his freshman year to a 22-14 mark this season, tying the program record for best single-season turnaround in wins.

“This decision will also allow me to work hard at becoming an even more complete basketball player,” Harris said. “We had a good season and I really enjoyed making the NCAA Tournament with my teammates. We really want to build a great program here at Michigan and we are on that path.”

Sims was also instrumental to Michigan’s turnaround. He averaged 15.4 points and 6.8 rebounds per game, which earned him second-team All-Big Ten honors.

“I am on schedule to graduate next May and that is going to be a very special moment for me,” Sims said. “With Coach Beilein here I can see myself growing even more mentally, physically and athletically. There is a lot of excitement surrounding next season and we really want to take the next step in restoring the proud tradition of Michigan basketball on the national level.”

Harris and Sims stayed true to their promise to announce their decision together. After the Wolverines’ loss to Oklahoma in the NCAA Tournament, Harris and Sims said they were planning to return next season. After a few weeks spent thinking about the decision, they committed this afternoon to continue to play for Michigan.