Wild and crazy costumes were the norm this weekend, as student dressed up as everything from Saturday Night Live’s ambiguously gay duo to Nintendo’s Mario and Luigi.

“It’s an excuse to be a slut and not be coined as a slut,” LSA junior Shawn Lafkowitz said.

But in an effort to be shocking and creative, costumes may have been offensive to other students.

“I saw someone dressed up as Jeffery Dahmer’s refrigerator. He had magazine cut-outs of arms and legs inside the fridge. People thought it was funny. But it could be considered offensive,” Lafkowitz said.

Jen Fina dressed up as a cowboy and partied with a student vagina. “I kinda looked at it and laughed although it could have offended some people. We all know what it looks like, and you could definitely tell what he was supposed to be. People were shouting out things,” Fina said.

LSA senior Libby Walker went out on Halloween night and saw her share of short skirts and also some costumes that surprised her. “This kid was a cowboy with a blow up doll attached to his hips. So it was like he was riding the doll. He got some strange looks from girls,” Walker said.

Girls often feel pressure to dress sexy on Halloween, said Nursing freshman Jamie Rosman, who went to a party on Elm Street.

“In our sorority some of us wanted to be something different like doctors in scrubs, but other girls didn’t think it was sexy enough,” Rosman said. “Since every other girl is gonna be sexy there is pressure to be sexy too. Wearing scrubs isn’t too attractive.”

Many girls dressed up as devils, angels or cats, said Duncan Dotterrer, a School of Natural Resource sophomore.

“But I saw a girl in a firefighting costume so low cut, it was ridiculous. Her boobs were just hanging out,” Dotterrer said.

“My friend took a picture of this girl wearing a see-thru shirt, then she took it off and was just showing people her nipple ring,” Stephanie Persin, an LSA freshman said. “I think she was dressed in a toga.”

Laftkowitz, who dressed up as gothic, said Halloween is a night to cut loose. “That night is a bend in the monotonous student life,” Laftkowitz said.