LANSING (AP) – Democratic Attorney General Jennifer Granholm maintained her lead over Republican Lt. Gov. Dick Posthumus in the governor’s race in two polls released yesterday.

Granholm received 54 percent to Posthumus’ 41 percent in a Detroit Free Press/WXYZ-TV poll of 513 likely voters. Five percent were undecided. The statewide poll, designed and directed by the Free Press, had a margin of error of plus or minus 4.5 percentage points and was conducted Sunday through Tuesday.

Green Party candidate Douglas Campbell and United Taxpayers Party candidate Joseph Pilchak also are in the race, but were not included in that poll.

In a poll released yesterday by Lansing-based EPIC/MRA, Granholm led Posthumus 50 percent to 39 percent. Campbell got 3 percent while Pilchak got 1 percent, with 7 percent undecided. The survey of 500 likely voters was conducted Monday through Wednesday and had a margin of error of plus or minus 4.5 percentage points.

A poll released last week by EPIC/MRA and Saginaw station WNEM had Granholm leading 51 percent to 37 percent for Posthumus, with 12 percent undecided. Campbell got 2 percent in that poll, while Pilchak got 1 percent. That poll had a margin of plus or minus 4 percentage points.

A poll released last Friday that was conducted by East Lansing-based Mitchell Research & Communications for The Detroit News showed Granholm with 47 percent to Posthumus’ 39 percent. Campbell and Pilchak each received 1 percent, while 12 percent were undecided. That poll of 400 likely voters had a margin of error of plus or minus 5 percentage points.

In the Free Press/WXYZ poll, 57 percent of those polled viewed Granholm favorably, while Posthumus was rated favorably by 45 percent.

In the EPIC/MRA poll, 53 percent viewed Granholm favorably, while 43 percent felt the same about Posthumus.

Spokesmen for Granholm and Posthumus both said the election will hinge on their candidate’s ability to get voters to the polls on Nov. 5.

“It’s anyone’s ball game,” Posthumus spokesman Sage Eastman told the Free Press.

Added Granholm spokesman Chris De Witt, “Our focus is on getting out the vote.”

In other races included in the EPIC/MRA poll:

n Democratic U.S. Sen. Carl Levin led Republican state Rep. Andrew Rocky Raczkowski 63 percent to 31 percent, with 6 percent undecided.