FOXBORO, Mass. (AP) Suspended wide receiver Terry Glenn, in the midst of preparing for a grievance hearing, said he is anxious to get back on the gridiron, and will be rooting for the New England Patriots if he sits out the season.

Terry Glenn misses his com-Patriots.<br><br>AP PHOTO

“I”ve definitely got withdrawal pains,” Glenn told Lenny Megliola of The MetroWest Daily News on Tuesday in a telephone interview from his home in Columbus, Ohio. “There”s a mechanism in my body that says I should be doing something again.

“I”ve been playing football since I was 6 years old,” Glenn said. “It feels odd (not playing). My heart and soul is with the team. I definitely want them to win because, basically, I”ll be back with the Patriots.”

Glenn, 27, left training camp Aug. 3, when the NFL suspended him for four games for violating terms of its substance-abuse program.

Coach Bill Belichick later put Glenn on the reserve-left camp list for the season, saying Glenn had ample opportunity to return to the team, but didn”t.

Belichick said the team”s suspension was unrelated to the one by the NFL or Glenn”s off-season arrest for domestic assault.

The National Football League Players Association filed a grievance on behalf of Glenn against the Patriots on Aug. 29, stating that the Pats improperly placed Glenn on the reserve list.

The grievance was scheduled to be heard on Thursday morning, although the Players Association”s general counsel Richard Berthelsen told the Boston Herald that the site Boston or Providence, R.I. had not been set.

The grievance hearing is a separate matter from Glenn”s NFL suspension.

Glenn signed a six-year, $50 million contract extension last year that included an $11.5 million signing bonus.

The team said it won”t pay Glenn his salary, and will withhold the remaining $8.5 million of the signing bonus.

James Gould, Glenn”s agent, said the player left camp because he hadn”t been paid since June 15, when the Patriots withheld a $1 million payment on the bonus. Gould said he would pursue the matter in court.

Glenn was the team”s No. 1 draft pick, seventh overall, in 199, coming out of Ohio State. He is fourth in franchise history with 315 receptions.

Glenn started all 16 games last season and had 79 catches for a team-best 963 yards and six touchdowns.