While the unofficial results of the Central Student Government elections were released shortly after the polls closed early Friday morning, the election is far from ratification as hearings loom overhead. The election’s presidential winners, LSA juniors Chris Osborn and Hayley Sakwa of forUM, are at the center of the controversy.

According to documents obtained by The Michigan Daily, four complaints have already been filed against forUM — with three specifically against Osborn and one against Sakwa. Two complaints, which are accompanied by pictures and audio, allege that Osborn and Sakwa coerced students to vote for forUM. Two other complaints allege violations in breaking financial rules by forUM.

Three complaints were filed by members of youMICH solely and a fourth was filed jointly by members of youMICH and momentUM.

Originally, the University Election Commission was set to meet at 10:30 p.m. on Thursday to hear three complaints, but all three were dropped prior. Four more complaints have been filed since then, and LSA senior Lukas Garske, the CSG student general counsel, said he wouldn’t be surprised if more are filed within the 18-hour statute of limitations that began when the unofficial results were released at about 1:30 a.m. on Friday.

“My gut is we’ll probably get a lot more complaints between now and then, anyway,” Garske said.

He added that the UEC will likely convene Friday at about 10:00 p.m. to hear cases, noting that the time was chosen with the Michigan men’s basketball game in mind.

According to the CSG compiled code, influencing a student while he or she votes is a “major infraction” which can result in two to four demerits.

Five demerits disqualify a candidate and 10 disqualify a party.

LSA sophomore Laurel Ruza, chair of youMICH, said her party’s complaints were filed at about 8 or 9 p.m. and added that she thought those hearings were delayed to give forUM time to prepare.

Ruza said she was not pleased with the conduct of the election.

“I do think that there was some petty politics between the different parties,” Ruza said. “It is what it is. It’s definitely disappointing; I wish we could keep it about the platform, the election and running a clean campaign.”

Ruza did, however, say she was glad with the turnout.

Business junior Mike Proppe and LSA sophomore Bobby Dishell, youMICH’s presidential and vice presidential nominees, declined to comment on what the next step for youMICH will be.

The independent candidate, Business junior Scott Christopher — who came in third place — said he has no plans to file any complaints and doesn’t think complaints and UEC hearings should be used to try to change the outcome of an election.

“I think its over. I really hope so,” Christopher said.

Christopher added that he understood the incentive behind filing complaints, but said he was pleased with the voter turnout.

“We had the highest voter turnout ever, which, in my opinion, is a success because it mirrors the students’ voices,” Christopher said. “If we look back to my freshman year, I’m a junior now, it wasn’t this kind of turnout and it wasn’t taken seriously.”

Daily Staff Reporter Will Greenberg and Daily News Editor Alicia Adamcyk contributed reporting.