Students and fans celebrated Michigan football team’s season opening victory with parties across campus Saturday night. But for the brothers at the Sigma Alpha Mu — Sammy — fraternity, the night of festivities ended early when they discovered thousands of dollars worth of personal items stolen from an upper-level bedroom.

Around 1:30 a.m. Sunday morning, members of the Sammy fraternity reported a break-in at their fraternity house, located on the corner of Oxford and Hill Streets, to Ann Arbor police. Computer electronics, football tickets and clothes were among the items stolen from one room, according to the fraternity’s president Brian Kostukovsky.

Kostukovsky, an engineering junior, suspects the break-in occurred between 11:30 p.m. and 1:00 a.m., though there were no witnesses.

Kostukovsky said he thinks the thief or thieves entered the room by climbing up a fire escape, prying the window open and barricading the door to the room with a dresser while the items were being removed.

“We don’t have an official number, but something between $10,000 and $15,000 (of goods) were stolen,” Kostukovsky said.

Kostukovsky said police did not arrive at the house until two and a half hours after they were initially called. He added that the fraternity has yet to be contacted by detectives from the Ann Arbor Police Department concerning the break-in.

Multiple messages left for the Ann Arbor Police Department were not returned yesterday.