Correction appended: An article in the Sept. 26th edition of the Daily (Frat party shooting injures freshman) should not have said the shooting took place at an Omega Psi Phi party. The shooting took place at a house where Omega Psi Phi parties are often held, and members of the fraternity were at the party, but it was not an official Omega Psi Phi party.

A shooting took place at an Omega Psi Phi party Saturday morning at about 3:45 a.m., injuring an 18-year-old freshman student, Ann Arbor Police Department Sgt. Ed Dreslinksi said.

The student, whose name has not been released by the police, suffered a gunshot wound to the arm and spent the night at the University’s Medical Center.

The shooting took place at a house at 316 West Stadium Blvd., which is about 200 yards away from the entrance to Michigan Stadium and across the street from Pioneer High School.

The house is not the official house of Omega Psi Phi, but several members of the fraternity live there and use the house for the fraternity’s parties.

The shooting resulted from an argument on the dance floor, said a fraternity brother who wished to remain anonymous to protect his safety. Two dancers bumped each other, and one grew angry because he believed he had been bumped too hard.

After a short fight, an unidentified shooter drew a gun. He fired once into the ceiling. His second shot traveled wide of his target, striking the uninvolved freshman in the arm.

Fraternity members wrangled the shooter out of the house and into the house’s side yard, where he fired several more shots into the air, injuring no one, the fraternity member said.

He escaped before the AAPD arrived a few minutes later and is still at large. The fraternity member described him as being a 5’9″ black man wearing a white T-shirt and a dark hat. Anyone with information can call the AAPD tip line at (734) 996-3199.

Two Ypsilanti residents were also apprehended for carrying a concealed weapon in a car parked near the house, Dreslinski said, but police do not believe either was the shooter.

Kreston Martin, president of the University’s division of the National Pan-Hellenic Council, said that no one at Omega Psi Phi was involved.

Martin, who attended the party but did not see the incident, said he will meet tomorrow with the Black Student Union and the University chapter of the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People to discuss the incident.

Neighbors, one of whom described the incident as “surreal,” said there were multiple parties on the street. People were filtering between them all night, several witnesses said, and cars were parked up and down the major boulevard where parking is prohibited.