The Department of Public Safety has apprehended four area teenagers in connection to the armed robbery spree that struck North Campus on Dec. 8 and 9.

Though the suspects do not fully match the original descriptions given by victims, DPS Sgt. Stacy Richmond said the four were apprehended after a full investigation consisting of interviews and search warrants.

DPS officers arrested three of the suspects after they were apprehended by the Washtenaw County Sheriff’s Department for robbing an Ypsilanti gas station, Richmond said. The fourth suspect was arrested after further interviews.

Three women – Folana Carter, 18, Kesha Warren, 16, Kisha Richardson, 19, and one man, Eric Oliver, 18, have each been charged with four counts of armed robbery, one count of assault with attempt to commit a robbery, and five counts of conspiracy. In addition, Warren is charged with one count of ethnic intimidation.

The charges could result in life in prison, Richmond said.

Richmond said the four worked together to commit the armed robberies and were charged as though each had committed every incident. All four will be tried as adults.

Four of the incidents occurred within the same area – near Cram Circle and the Northwood Housing I and II complexes between Bishop Avenue and Hubbard Street – between 8 and 8:45 p.m. Dec. 9. Victims said they were approached by two subjects, one carrying a gun and the other a knife.

The suspects were also charged in an armed robbery incident that occurred Dec. 8 around 11:30 p.m. in the wooded area near Bursley Residence Hall.

After the robberies, DPS increased patrols in the area and issued a $1,000 reward for information leading to a suspect arrest, DPS spokeswoman Diane Brown said.

Although three of the suspects are female, initial victim interviews led DPS to issue two separate crime alerts, each looking for two male suspects.

In the original crime alert for the Dec. 9 robberies, the suspects were described as a white male between 15 and 18 years old, standing approximately 5-foot-7 to 5-foot-8 and weighing 200 to 230 pounds, as well as a 13 to 16-year-old black male standing 5-foot-6 and weighing 130 pounds.

The crime alert for the Dec. 8 robbery sought two college-aged black males wearing dark clothing, one standing 6-foot and the other 5-foot-8.

Richmond said the suspects’ clothing – consisting of jackets that covered their hair and parts of their face – could help explain why the suspect descriptions posted in the crime alerts do not fully correspond with the arrested suspects.

“They are similar. … It is my understanding that the female suspects resembled male suspects by the way they dressed,” Richmond said.

“Each victim is different and gives different accounts of what they saw.”

A preliminary exam for Carter, Warren and Richardson is scheduled for Jan. 8 at 1 p.m. Oliver’s preliminary hearing is scheduled for Jan. 15.

Richmond said three of the suspects are currently in Washtenaw County Jail. Richardson was released after posting a $25,000 bond.