Former Michigan football player Larry Harrison is expected to be sentenced to five years probation with the possibility of a one-year jail sentence, said Blaine Longsworth, assistant Washtenaw County prosecutor.
In court yesterday, Harrison pleaded no contest yesterday to a second count of indecent exposure, a felony offense.
Harrison was convicted on the first count of indecent exposure last month.
His plea is part of a bargain with prosecutors, who agreed not to prosecute Harrison for two more charges of the same crime.
Circuit Judge Archie Brown still has to approve the agreement.
Harrison will not have to serve the one-year jail sentence if he successfully completes his probation.
“A no-contest plea is treated as a guilty plea for all intents and purposes,” Brown told the court yesterday.
Anthony Chambers, Harrison’s defense attorney, said he evaluated Harrison’s position after his conviction last month and decided it was in the “best interest of Larry to enter into a bargain so he can get on with his life.”
Harrison was charged with being a sexually delinquent person after exposing himself to multiple women on the 1300 block of Minerva Street in December 2004.
Craig Lee of the Ann Arbor Police Department apprehended Harrison in the early morning of Dec. 6 when he was seen masturbating on the porch of a house on South Division Street.
A jury of eight women and four men convicted Harrison of the charge.
Harrison, a defensive tackle for the football team during the 2004 season, was suspended indefinitely from the team by coach Lloyd Carr in December 2004 following his arraignment on the charges.
Harrison transferred to North Carolina A&T University and played on its football team during the 2005 season.
Harrison’s final sentencing will be held on March 1.