This past football season, a freshman University student had a better chance of getting a front row seat to a football game than a senior from the University’s Flint or Dearborn campuses.

But that won’t be the case this football season.

When students from the University’s three campuses — Ann Arbor, Dearborn and Flint — purchase football season tickets, which went on sale Tuesday, Ann Arbor students won’t be given priority over students at the Flint and Dearborn campuses.

Athletic Department officials abandoned the policy they issued last year to give seating priority to students in Ann Arbor. After last year’s ticketing policy was put in place, the number of Dearborn students buying tickets declined from 900 to 650.

Flint students complained that the policy did not promote equality among the students.

The decision to reverse the policy came after a committee of 12 students from the three schools told Athletic Department officials the original policy was unfair.

Marty Bodnar, associate director of ticketing services at the University, said treating students from every school equally is a priority for the Athletic Department.

“U of M Football is one of the only events where all students from the three campuses can come together,” he said. “We’re treating everyone equal — and that’s our main goal.”

Bodnar said about 900 Flint students and 850 Dearborn Students buy tickets each year.

He added that the only change in the ticket policy is in regard to seating priority — nothing else.

“With regards to buying tickets, everything is the same” he said. “We will do everything in our power to get everyone a ticket. For the last ten years, we’ve got everyone a ticket who has wanted one, provided that they bought tickets on time” he said.

LSA freshman Sam Hamburger said though the new policy might affect him negatively, he thinks it is fair.

“Definitely if I went to Flint, I’d want a chance to get the same seats that Ann Arbor students get,” he said. “They technically go to U of M, so they should get equal treatment.”