The University Board of Regents will hold its first meeting as the Presidential Search Committee in a private conference call at 8 p.m. tonight.

Regent S. Martin Taylor (D-Grosse Pointe Farms) said he expected the meeting will center around issues that have already been under discussion the formation of the Presidential Search Advisory Committee and the selection of a consulting firm to help identify candidates for the presidency.

Regent Larry Deitch (D-Bingham Farms), the chair of the Presidential Search Committee, declined to say when any announcements regarding the advisory committee or the consulting firm might be made.

The regents named Rackham Dean Earl Lewis chair of the advisory committee at their last meeting on Nov. 15.

The advisory committee will consist of seven faculty members, two staff members, two students, two alumni and one representative each from the Dearborn and Flint campuses.

University President Lee Bollinger announced in October that he will accept the presidency of Columbia University beginning July 1.

Bollinger will leave the University of Michigan at the end of this semester, and former Business School Dean B. Joseph White will serve as interim president until a permanent replacement is found.