The Daily softball beat has put together a preview for the opening of conference play. Get to know the Wolverines with details of who to look for at each position, a breakdown of the other Big Ten teams and a feature on outfielder Kelsey Susalla.

Big Ten preview: It’s Michigan and Minnesota, then everybody else

With arguably the best player and coach in the country in junior infielder Sierra Romero and coach Carol Hutchins, the Wolverines are favorites to win the conference, looking to add another picture to the collection, and in turn, moving the frames to a different, larger wall. But to achieve the milestone, Michigan will have to navigate past the following teams.

Michigan’s position-by-position breakdown

With the Big Ten season right around the corner, the roster for the No. 4 Michigan softball team is finally settling into place. Michigan coach Carol Hutchins continues to shuffle players in and out, especially in the infield, but a handful of Wolverines have consistently made the starting lineup.

Kelsey Susalla: How her position became an identity

A few weeks after Florida State eliminated the Wolverines from the 2014 NCAA Super Regional with a heartbreaking walk-off home run, Susalla stepped into coach Carol Hutchins’ office.

Tyler Scott: A good team, with a chance for greatness

With Hutchins at the helm, there will always be talk of league championships, of winning streaks that stretch into the 20s and of making a run in the postseason NCAA Women’s College World Series.

/>