Ann Arbor Fire Department responders were sent to the Cardiovascular Center Monday afternoon following reports of smoke coming from inside.

DPSS spokesperson Diane Brown said the fire in the center occurred in a procedural room. Brown also said while the fire may have occurred due to an equipment malfunction, officials are not certain yet. The fire was extinguished by staff members and did not spread to any other structure.

According to Brown, one patient was treated for injuries and upwards of seven staff members were evaluated. She was unable to provide information on the condition of the patient.

This story was updated to include additional information from DPSS spokesperson Diane Brown.

Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published.