At approximately 2 a.m. Friday morning, University students residing at 501 Linden St. found a fire burning in their house.

Tony Ding
Engineering Jr. Caitlin McCarthy, resident at 501 Linden St., sobs in disbelief as her house burns early Friday morning. (TONY DING/Daily)

Suspected to be caused by an electrical source, the fire quickly consumed much of the interior of the 3 story wooden structure as smoke billowed from its windows.

None of the occupaints inside at the time were injured and Ann Arbor Fire Department fire engines and crew were on the scene very shortly.

The residents had no time to rescue any of their personal belongings, some even without shoes. Early reports claimed the residents to have smelled smoke in the house as early as an hour before discovering the blaze.

Many AAFD firefighters appeared to be physically exhausted after containing the fire, with at least one receiving medical care from a paramedic at the scene.

For more on this breaking story, check back at MichiganDaily.com

Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *