A fire at the Alpha Gamma Delta sorority house early Tuesday morning displaced all of the building’s residents and caused significant fire and smoke damage. There were no injuries.

The Ann Arbor Fire Department responded to a fire alarm at about 2:30 a.m. and firefighters found smoke coming from one of the 16 rooms on the house’s third floor when they arrived on the scene. They were able to put the fire out quickly and contained the flames in one room. However, the AAFD reported that there is significant smoke damage on both the second and third floors.

Firefighters remained on the scene until 6 a.m. and the full extent of the damage is not yet known. AAFD Battalion Chief Kevin Cook said the Fire Prevention Bureau is currently investigating the cause of the fire.

All 63 residents were able to be evacuated unharmed and many spent the rest of the night in nearby Greek Life-affiliated houses, according to University spokesman Rick Fitzgerald. He said it is unclear where the residents will be staying moving forward but said the dean of students will be involved in helping find a permanent solution. A press release from the AAFD said the Red Cross will also provide assistance to displaced residents.

Fitzgerald said the fact that there were no injuries is likely a testament to the practice of fire-drills, adding that the chapter did everything right to ensure everyone’s safety.

Alpha Gamma Delta’s national organization is coordinating temporary housing for the sorority sisters, Fitzgerald said. The local chapter met Tuesday evening to find a place for them to say but no representatives were available for comment on details of those plans.

The Interfraternity Council declined to comment Tuesday morning.