Movie: 3.5 stars

Features: 4.5 stars

Picture/Sound: 4 stars

As far as Hollywood is concerned, the brothers seem to have it. This year, the Wachowski’s will unleash the immeasurably anticipated sequels to “The Matrix,” the critical favorite Coen brothers will release their newest cinematic wonder “Intolerable Cruelty” and the Farrelly brothers find yet another way to raze political correctness with “Stuck on You.” Each duo has a style all their own, and the Farrellys continually find categorization as the ones who (usually) manage to smash all the wrong buttons to keep audiences in tears after unstoppable chortle.

Following their unexpectedly successful debut hit “Dumb and Dumber,” Peter and Bobby Farrelly further barraged audiences to the limits of distastefulness in the critically lauded and publicly cheered “Something about Mary.”

Complete with a fabulous cast of then-up-and-comers like Ben Stiller and Cameron Diaz, “Mary” took theaters by storm, grossing over $200 million in the summer of 1998. Somehow, the story of a man who couldn’t let go of a lost love – who went so far as to hire a private dick to find her – while placing humor in areas like mental-retardation, dog battling and lost semen, catapulted to a level beyond even the studio’s expectations.

Five years later, the special edition DVD package includes two discs and a compendium of features that cover every speck of information you would ever want to know about “Mary,” its cast, its crew and almost everything else imaginable.

The main attraction of the first disc is the option to view the film in its original form, or in the new, extended version, which includes 15 minutes of extra footage (both in standard widescreen format). However, although the new scenes are quite enjoyable, they do little more than make the movie longer. Commentary by the Farrelly brothers, the writers and an alternate opening also bless the first disc.

But the true pleasure, and the best part of the package, comes in the myriad features found on disc two. Behind the scenes, cast interviews, television spots, featurettes and countless other additions provide hours of viewing pleasure. Yes, everything on this disc is both worthwhile and interesting. Highlighting the list would be the intriguing and to-the-point interview with W. Earl Brown, the man whose genius became imagined in the character Warren, and the “Behind the Zipper” featurette hosted by Lin Shaye in full Magda makeup and wardrobe.

The viewing public would be hard pressed to ponder what future boundaries of acceptability Bobby and Peter will bend, break and warp beyond comprehension. With a penchant for the controversial, these brothers have made their indelible mark on moviegoers worldwide, and until their next envelope-pusher hits theaters, fans should be more than satisfied with this DVD package truly deserving of the special edition label it carries.