What can be said about Tupac’s death that hasn’t already been discussed? While “Famous Crime Scenes” doesn’t offer any new insight into the death of the infamous rapper, it does present an informative overview of the events that transpired before and after the shooting.

“Famous Crime Scenes”

Fridays at 9 p.m.
VH1

VH1’s new celebrity show is basically a knock-off of “E! Investigates,” only there’s an entire season of celebrity murders to investigate. In the premiere episode of “Famous Crime Scenes,” the show uses interviews from past and present, old photos, graphics and cheesy reenactments to help recreate what happened the night Tupac was murdered. Upcoming subjects include Michael Jackson, John Lennon, Selena, Marvin Gaye and Notorious B.I.G.

If there is something you missed about any of the celebrity murders, this show has got you covered. Every single aspect of these cases is examined, including the events leading up to the death and those that occurred after. High-profile “celebrity” witnesses and friends explain what they think happened, while police officials from the crime scenes help to verify how authorities responded. Get ready for some more of those annoying people you remember hating from the news coverage — Howard K. Stern included — who are probably looking for one last outlet for their everlasting 15 minutes of fame.

Real-life recreations of the scenes, using maps and actors, help to visually place the viewer at the crime scene. From toxicology reports to ballistics, DNA evidence, suspect profiling and more, this show is basically a virtual tour of the night these infamous celebs kicked the bucket.

Computer-generated (and somewhat lame) visual aides explain what is going on inside of the bodies. Doctors who took the calls are interviewed and they explain exactly how the bullets were lodged in Tupac’s body and the combination of drugs that Anna Nicole Smith consumed.

Luckily, each episode is only 30 minutes. Any longer and it would have been searching for content and dragging out a story everyone knows about. While it is interesting to review famous murder cases, this show doesn’t really have any staying power. Most of the cases were covered so intensely when they actually happened, that you’d have to be living under a rock to not know at least a little bit about what occurred.

Future episodes, for example, are about Anna Nicole Smith and Michael Jackson. What could we possibly learn about those cases that hasn’t been plastered all over the news? “Famous Crime Scenes” might have more success 20 years down the line, because it would be geared toward a generation that wouldn’t know as much about those deaths. For now, it’s going to “go behind the crime-scene tape,” and take us all to a place we’ve been many, many times before.