Travel to 16th-Century Turkey or the deep South circa-1930 work yourself into a state of “Fury” reading the latest Salman Rushdie novel indulge in some “light fare” from Stephen King, James Patterson and Patricia Cornwell stimulate your intellect with Umberto Eco”s new essay collection and your heartbeat with Anne Rice”s sensual “Blood and Gold.”

Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban<br><br>Courtesy of Scholastic Trade

This fall”s literature line-up is sure to please any book reader, whether your tastes run toward the reigning matriarch of trash-fiction, Danielle Steel, or literary goddess Isabel Allende.

A few highlights include:

“Swift as Desire” by Laura Esquivel: In tribute to her father, the author of “Like Water for Chocolate” promises a sensuous, mystical romp through the life of one Mexican family.

“Dune: House Corrino” by Brian Herbert: Sci-fi fans rejoice! The latest chapter in the Dune series, penned by the late Frank Herbert”s son using his father”s notes and journals, lands with a bang in October.

“The Nautical Chart” by Arturo Perez-Reverte: A tale of the sea in the tradition of Melville, crossed with an intellectual love story. Read Daily Arts for a review of this book soon.

“Falling Angel” by Tracy Chevalier: Set in early 20th-century London, this is a story of two families separated by the politics of the time and the circumstances in which they live.

“The Ash Garden” by Dennis Bock: A newcomer to the novel scene, short-story writer Bock intertwines three emotionally charged plotlines set during the bombing of Hiroshima in 1946.

“The Speed of Light” by Elizabeth Rosner: Critically lauded poet-turned-novelist Rosner weaves a tale of two siblings, their father and the past that haunts all three.

“Fury” by Salman Rushdie: It”s the latest Salman Rushdie novel. Enough said.

“Savage Beauty: The Life of Edna St. Vincent Millay” by Nancy Milford: “My candle burns at both ends/ It will not last the night/ But, ah, my foes, and, oh, my friends/ It gives a lovely light.” Discover the life and work of this mercurial red-haired poetess with a gift for living.

“Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban” by J.K. Rowling: Would anyone take this list seriously if book three in the Harry Potter series was left out? Probably not. This book hit stores as an early release just a few days ago.

“Old Men at Midnight” by Chaim Potok: This eagerly awaited new work by the author of “The Chosen” involves three novellas tied together by one special woman, and her significance to the narrators of each story.

“Hateship, Friendship, Courtship, Loveship, Marriage” by Alice Munro: Coming in November, a new collection of nine stories from one of today”s best short story writers. Don”t miss this.