Despite looming rain clouds, the first fall Health and Wellness Fair still spread its message of well-being and vitality to the University on Wednesday afternoon.

Located in the plaza between the new South Hall and Weill Hall, the event featured 20 booths, including a farmers market and a massage station. The goal of the event was to inform students, staff and faculty about healthy lifestyle changes.

The fair was organized by Shawna McManus, the director of human resources at the University’s Law School, and Heather Anderson, a University administrative assistant. Both are MHealthy champions, a role dedicated to encourage healthy habits within their division, school or department.

McManus and Anderson said the goal of the fair was to share their mission with students and promote MHealthy’s goals.

“This is a lifestyle that we both live,” Anderson said. “We are active, we eat healthy, and within both of our offices this is something we wanted to gain and keep in motion … so this is something on a larger scale.”

The fair also featured visits by former NFL players Dan Mozes and Damion Cook.

Both players are now physical trainers and employees at Barwis Methods, a training facility in Plymouth, Mich. that attracts University athletes and employees. At the Barwis Methods booth, Mozes, a former Minnesota Viking, and Cooke, who played for the Baltimore Ravens, Chicago Bears, and Detroit Lions, advised fair-goers about exercise, fitness and nutrition.

Another main attraction of the event was the farmers market, which sold an abundance of seasonal fall produce — ranging from Indian corn, to butternut squash to apples — supplied by Zilke Vegetable Farm in Milan and Eat Ideas Farm in Ann Arbor.

Lizz Wysocki, an employee at Zilke Vegetable Farm, said the market was lucky to feature apples because of the shortage that Michigan has faced this year as a result of a warm winter and frost in April.

“It’s unfortunate,” Wysocki said. “We were lucky to find an (orchard) which had some. The late frost that we had just really kicked everything.”

The fair also included a live cooking demo from the Picasso Restaurant group, a local restaurant and catering service that showcased how to make gazpacho using fresh, seasonal vegetables. Other booths showcased various campus organizations, such as Outdoor Adventures. Local Ann Arbor organizations also attended, including a group from the Matthaei Botanical Garden and Nichols Arboretum.

University students, faculty and staff trekked through the fair, browsing booths and indulging in free giveaways.

Fang Tan, a Law School staff member, said her curiosity about health-oriented opportunities on campus drew her to the fair.

“I just wanted to see what was going on, to see what they were offering here, (and I wanted) more information,” Tan said.

Law student Iman Abdulrazzak said she was lured by the unusual location of the fair in a typically academic area of campus.

“I actually thought it was nice they were doing something like this in the Law School.” Abdulrazzak said.

Correction appended: A previous version of this article incorrectly identified Fang Tan as a Law School professor. She is a Law School staff member.