ADVISED

The U.S. military is concerned that torture scenes on the Fox hit “24,” featuring Kiefer Sutherland will lead to similar behavior in actual soldiers. Brigadier General Patrick Finnegan has spoken with the show’s producers, The New Yorker reported, and told them that many soldiers in Iraq say there’s a direct correlation between the way they behave on duty and what they see on the show.

Awarded

William Monahan won the best adapted screenplay award for the Martin Scorsese hit “The Departed” at the Writers’ Guild of America Awards Sunday night, while Michael Arndt was awarded best original screenplay for “Little Miss Sunshine.” Other notable winners include “The Sopranos” writers for best dramatic television series, “The Office” writers for best comedy television series and “Ugly Betty” for best new television series.

GROUNDBREAKING

“Dreamgirls” star Jennifer Hudson will become the first African-American singer to appear on the cover of American Vogue in the magazine’s annual March Power Issue, shot by famed photographer Annie Leibovitz at Harlem’s Apollo Theater in New York.

DENIED

Despite rumors that the two single stars Scarlett Johansson and Justin Timberlake had found romance after she starred alongside the singer in his latest music video for his new single, “What Goes Around,” Johansson claims that the two are just friends.

REUNITED

The Police will begin their first world tour in 23 years in Vancouver, Canada, this May to celebrate their 30-year anniversary. The trio plans to play 80-plus shows around the world this year, including dates in the United Kingdom, South America and Japan.

DOLLS

Limited edition plastic dolls of the five female “Desperate Housewives” stars will debut in June. The dolls are designed by the Madame Alexander Doll Company and will retail for $129.95 each.

DENIED

Mark Steines and Bonnie Tiegel, co-host and producer of “Entertainment Tonight,” have slammed rumors that the evening news show paid Howard K. Stern $1 million for an exclusive interview following fianc