After months of campaign events, a flurry of television ads and a steady stream of polls, Election Day is finally upon us. Today, Michigan voters will elect candidates to the statewide offices of Governor and Lt. Governor, Attorney General, and Secretary of State, as well as for U.S. Senate. In addition, each of the 14 seats to U.S. Congress, 38 state senate seats and 110 state legislature spots are also on the ballot. Here is some last minute information on the status of some of these races.

Governor

Republican Gov. Rick Snyder is locked in a tight race for reelection with Democratic challenger Mark Schauer, a former congressman. RealClearPolitics aggregate polling, which averages several top polls, has Snyder leading by 2.5-points, though Schauer has made significant progress in closing a margin that was as large as eight points earlier in the year.

Snyder has touted economic progress across the state and in Detroit specifically as grounds for his reelection, while Schauer has tried to position himself as a candidate who would work for the middle class and invest more heavily in education. Both candidates had full campaign schedules Monday and each ended the day at events in Ann Arbor.

U.S. Senate

The race to replace retiring Sen. Carl Levin (D) looked like it might have been one of the most hotly contested in the country with Senate control hanging in the balance, but U.S. Rep. Gary Peters (D–Detroit) has taken a commanding lead in the polls over Republican Terri Lynn Land, former Michigan Secretary of State. What was once a four-point lead in early September has tripled to a more than 12-point advantage for Peters, according to the RealClearPolitics aggregate.

Peters, who specialized in financial issues during his three terms in Congress, supports raising the minimum wage and deficit reduction, favors policies such as cap-and-trade to combat climate change and has also campaigned on his support for abortion rights and having access to contraception.

Land, meanwhile, favors lower tax rates for businesses to stimulate economic growth, supports free-market solutions to combat climate change, opposes same-sex marriage, favors restrictions on abortion and would support repealing the Affordable Care Act.

Attorney General

Republican Attorney General Bill Schuette is seeking a second term as the state’s chief legal officer as he tries to fend off Democratic challenger Mark Totten, a law professor at Michigan State University. Schuette leads Totten by roughly four points, according to a Detroit News poll released last week. Schuette has highlighted his efforts as a “voice for victims” in his reelection bid, but has been criticized by Totten for his support of a state ban on same-sex marriage and his challenges to the Affordable Care Act in court. Totten hopes to refocus the role of the Attorney General as “the people’s lawyer” by prioritizing efforts such as protecting consumers from predatory business schemes.

Michigan 12th Congressional District

Rep. John Dingell’s (D – District 12) 58-year run in Congress is coming to an end, but his wife Debbie Dingell, a former General Motors executive and a Democratic party activist, is looking to keep the seat in the family. She hopes to fight for women’s and children’s issues, increase state support for higher education and is an advocate for gay rights. Opposing Dingell is Republican nominee Terry Bowman, an assembly line worker at a Ford Motor Co. plant and the founder of Union Conservatives, which seeks to promote conservative principles to union members. Bowman supports the state’s right-to-work laws and opposes the Affordable Care Act for its potential to incentivize part-time rather than full-time employment. No formal polls have been conducted for the race, but Dingell is heavily favored in this left-leaning district.

State Senate

In Michigan’s 18th senate district, incumbent Democrat Rebekah Warren is seeking reelection against Republican Terry Linden. Warren previously served two terms in the state legislature before being elected to the Senate in 2010 and supports women’s reproductive rights, increased state support for education, economic innovation and expanding access to healthcare. Information about Linden’s campaign or views on issues could not be found and he declined multiple requests for comment.

State Legislature

Incumbent Democrat Jeff Irwin is seeking a third term representing the 53rd district in the state legislature and faces challenger Republican John Spisak, a former small business owner and current stay-at-home father. Irwin supports increased state funding for K-12 and higher education, and supports investing in the physical infrastructure to promote economic growth. Spisak’s top priority is to improve the state’s infrastructure and is also an advocate for fiscal responsibility in government.