4

Ad-Libbing
The trial of former Cheney chief of staff “Scooter” Libby for leaking the name of a CIA operative started this week. Libby tried to paint himself as a scapegoat in a case that has Washington on the edge of its collective seat while the rest of the country yawns.

5

Deciding on the decider
Congress and Bush clashed last week over troops in Iraq. Congress says the power of the purse gives it the right to limit troop deployments by limiting funding. Bush says he’s the commander in chief – and the decider.

6

Bye, bye barbaro
The defending champion of the Kentucky Derby was euthanized Monday, eight months after he fractured his right hind leg at the start of the Preakness Stakes.

5

“My name is Ted, and I am a terrorist”
The University’s chapter of the Young Americans for Freedom hosted a lecture by three men who they claimed were once terrorists. It’s unclear whether the speakers had been through a 12-step program.

1

Heir ball
Prince Charles and his wife Camilla visited the States last weekend. The pair went to a middle school basketball game in Harlem, where the Prince attempted two one-handed free throws. He aired the first, but sank the second.

3

Dakota territory
“Hounddog,” a film released at this week’s Sundance Film Festival, stars 12-year-old star Dakota Fanning as a rape victim. We don’t really know what to say.